Daily GK Updates 22nd December 2016, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 22nd December 2016, Current Affairs Dec 2016, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 22nd December 2016, Current Affairs Dec 2016
A toll-free number ‘1955’ will be launched by Union government in order to take a feedback from the telecom subscribers on call drop issue. The code has been allotted 1955 for Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) on call drops.
Union Government announces Rs 207 crore project for Majuli
Centre has announced Rs 207 crore project for protection and development of world’s biggest river island Majuli, located along river Brahmaputra in Assam.
- The announcement was made by Union Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Jitendra Singh.
Government of Iran Unveils Bill of Right
On December 19 2016, President of Iran, Hassan Rouhani unveiled a landmark bill of rights, guaranteeing freedom of speech, protest, fair trials and privacy for the citizens of the nation.
- Rouhani had promised a bill of rights for citizens, during his 2013 election campaign.
Hong Kong to withdraw visa-free facility for Indians post January 23
Visa- Free facility has been withdraw by Hong Kong has decided for Indians. Indians can enter with a valid passport for a period up to 14 days without a visa.
- From January 23, 2017, Indian nationals must apply for and successfully complete pre-arrival registration online before they can visit Hong Kong Special Administrative Region VisaHKSAR visa-free.
Bank of Baroda, First Indian Company to Support FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017
Bank of Baroda has become the first Indian company to sign up as a National Supporter for the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017, which will be held from 6 to 28 October 2017.
- This will be the first time that India will be hosting FIFA international football competition.
Centre extends time period for farm loan dues by 60 days
On December 19, 2016, the Union Government decided to provide additional grace period of 60 days to farmers, whose crop loan dues fall between November 1 and December 31, 2016.
- This decision was taken in view of constraints faced by the farming community in repayment of loans due to demonetization of high value notes.
Kate Succeeds as Queen Steps down as Wimbledon Patron
Queen Elizabeth II , queen of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms, is stepping down as patron of Wimbledon.
- The 90-year-old queen has been patron of the All England Club since 1952. The last appearance made at the Wimbledon tournament in 2010.
Scientists Discovers Molten ‘Jet Stream’ Deep Inside Earth
According to a new study, published in the journal Nature Geoscience, scientists for the first time have discovered a huge jet stream of molten iron deep within the Earth’s core.
- Researchers believe the jet is likely to be caused by liquid in the core moving towards a boundary from both sides, causing it to be squeezed out sideways.
AIBA grants full membership to Boxing Federation of India
AIBA has voted unanimously to grant full membership to the recently-formed Boxing Federation of India (BFI) at a meeting on the sidelines of its 70th anniversary gala in Montreux, Switzerland.
- The BFI has already been granted affiliation by the Sports Ministry but is awaiting
Russian ambassador to Turkey Shot Dead in Ankara
Russia’s ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Gennadyevich Karlov, was shot dead in front of a crowd at a posh art gallery exhibition in Ankara, Turkey on December 19, 2016.
- On December 20, Police later killed the assailant. The assailant, Mevlut Mert Altintas, was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer who worked in Turkey’s capital.
- He was 62.
Daily GK Updates 22nd December 2016, Today Current Affairs Quiz:
Thank you form visit our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 22nd December 2016, and furthermore Current Affairs Dec 2016, Today GK Questions Answers.