Daily GK Updates 20th March 2017, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 20th March 2017, Current Affairs March 2017, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 20th March 2017, Current Affairs March 2017:
First fully India-made train flagged off at Dadar station
Made in India train, Medha was flagged off from Dadar railway station.
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu, via videoconferencing, flagged off the maiden run of the train from Dadar to Borivali, at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus.
Amitabh Bachchan launches world’s first app for breast health
At an event, Amitabh Bachchan launched the World’s first mobile App on ‘ABC of Breast Health’ in Mumbai. The Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation organized the event at Mumbai’s JW Marriott Hotel on Mar. 15.
- The App aims to empower the nation about every aspect of breast cancer and benign non-cancer breast health issues in 12 languages (English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya and Assamese).
- Conceived, created and designed by the Ushalakshmi Breast Cancer Foundation, Hyderabad, the App is also now being submitted to the Ministry of Health, Government of India, for consideration for incorporation in their Health Portal for a wider reach.
Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna for senior citizens to be launched
Senior citizens, living below the poverty line, will now get for free assistive devices like hearing aids and wheelchairs under the government’s Rs 477 crore scheme which is set to be rolled out next week.
- The proposed ‘Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojna’ will be launched at a camp in Andhra Pradesh’s Nellore district on March 25 by Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot and Information and Broadcasting Minister M Venkaiah Naidu.
Idea approves merger with Vodafone India
Kumar Mangalam Birla owned Idea Cellular said its Board has approved of a merger with Vodafone India and its wholly owned subsidiary Vodafone India Mobile Services.
- With this India’s largest mobile phone company will be form with about 400 million customers, 35% customer market share and 41% revenue market share.
- Vodafone will own 45.1% in the combined entity. Kumar Mangalam Birla and other promoters of Idea Group will hold 26% and the rest will be owned by the public.
Shahid Afridi appointed ambassador of Blind Cricket World Cup
For the fifth edition of the Blind Cricket World Cup, Former Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has been appointed as the ambassador .
- The announcement was made by the Pakistan Blind Cricket Council (PBCC)
- The PBCC statement also stated that the fifth edition of the tournament, to be played in ODI format, will be hosted by PBCC in the United Arab Emirates and Pakistan in January 2018.
Uber president Jeff Jones quits
Ride services company Uber Technologies Inc has been thrust deeper into turmoil with the departure of company president Jeff Jones.
- Jones quit less than seven months after joining the San Francisco company.
- With the designation of Chief Marketing Officer, he joined Uber from Target Corp, and is credited with modernizing the retailer’s brand.
Government swaps chief executives of IDBI Bank, Indian Bank
The Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of state-owned Indian Bank and IDBI Bank has been swapped through the center Government.
- Mahesh Kumar Jain, who was Managing Director & CEO at Indian Bank, has been appointed as Managing Director & CEO of IDBI Bank, which is now in some financial trouble and faced with several legacy issues.
- Kishore Piraji Kharat, who was appointed as IDBI Bank CEO in August 2015, has now been appointed as Managing Director and CEO of Indian Bank.
Nieva to be India’s new boxing coach
Santiago Nieva will be India’s new foreign coach for men boxers, succeeding Cuban BI Fernandes.
- Nieva is AIBA three-star coach and until last year he was attached with the Swedish men’s team.
- After Rio Olympics he quit the position.
- The Sweden-based coach, who represented Argentina during his competitive days, is being brought on board till the World Championships (August 25 to September 3 in Hamburg).
Cheteshwar Pujara becomes first Indian to face 500 balls in Test innings
India’s middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara stormed his way into record books after playing a marathon innings against Australia on fourth day of the third Test match in Ranchi.
- Pujara became the first Indian batsman to face 500 balls in a Test innings by surpassing Rahul Dravid’s previous best of 495 balls.
- Pujara scored 202 runs in his 525 balls long innings.
Chuck Berry, Rock ’n’ Roll Pioneer, Dies at 90
Chuck Berry, who defined rock ’n’ roll’s potential and attitude in its early years, died at his home near Wentzville, Mo. He was 90.
- His famous songs include “Johnny B. Goode” and “Roll Over Beethoven” etcetera.