Daily GK Updates 17th July 2017, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 17th July 2017, Current Affairs July 2017, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 17th July 2017, Current Affairs July 2017:
1. World Youth Skills Day: July 15
- The World Youth Skills Day is observed globally on 15 July.
- It has been observed to raise awareness about the importance of youth skills development.
- The World Youth Skill Day 2017 Theme is “Skills for the Future of Work”.
2. Eighth meeting of SAARC Ministers of Law & Order held in Colombo
- The eighth meeting of the SAARC Ministers of Law and Order was held in Colombo. Indian side was led by a senior official in Ministry of Home affairs.
- The three-day meeting was focused on the issue of tackling terrorism apart from discussing liberalization of visa, illegal trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and small arms.
- The last meeting of SAARC Ministers was held in Pakistan where ministers highlighted the importance of initiating collective actions against terrorism in all its forms and manifestations.
3. Gadkari inaugurated road congress meet in Udaipur
- Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated 212th meeting of Indian Road Congress (IRC) in Udaipur.
- The Indian Road Congress is the apex body of highway engineers in the country.
4. NGT Sets Rs 50,000 Fine for Dumping Waste Within 500 Metres of Ganga
- The National Green Tribunal passed a slew of directions to rejuvenate River Ganga, declaring as ‘No-Development Zone’ an area of 100 metres from the edge of the river between Haridwar and Unnao and prohibiting dumping of waste within 500 metres from the river.
- A bench headed by NGT Chairperson Justice Swatanter Kumar also declared that an environment compensation of Rs 50,000 will be imposed on anyone who dumps waste in the river.
5. Railways Launches ‘SAARTHI’ App
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched a new integrated mobile app “SAARTHI – c” for passengers.
- This new app will allow passengers to book tickets, enquiry, on-board cleaning and ordering meal on a single platform.
- The new SAARTHI app also includes features such as safety for women, compliant facility and suggestion for improvement.
6. Mukesh Kumar Jain appointed MD & CEO of Oriental Bank
- Mukesh Kumar Jain was appointed as the managing director and chief executive officer of Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- He is at present the executive director in Punjab and Sind Bank.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved Jain’s appointment.
7. Lilly Singh appointed UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador
- UNICEF has appointed Indian-origin Canadian YouTube star Lilly Singh as its newest Global Goodwill Ambassador at a special event.
- As the UNICEF ambassador Lilly, who has 11.9 around million subscribers on the video sharing website, will use her channel to showcase the organisation’s work and urge millions of her followers to work for children’s rights.
8. 18th IIFFA Awards 2017
- The 18th edition of the International Indian Film Academy Awards was held in New York on July 15.
Here is the list of winners:
- Best Film: Neerja
- Best Director: AnirudhRoy Chaudhary for Pink
- Best Actor (Male): Shahid Kapoor for Udta Punjab
- Best Actor (Female): Alia Bhatt for Udta Punjab
- Best Actor in Supporting Role (Female): Shabana Azmi for Neerja
- Best Actor in Supporting Role (Male): Anupam Kher for MS Dhoni-The Untold Story
- IIFA Woman Of The Year: Tapsee Pannu
9. Sundar Singh bags India’s first gold at World Para Athletics Championships
- Sundar Singh Gurjar has opened India’s account at the World Para Athletics Championships by clinching gold in the men’s javelin throw event.
- In the F46 category, Sundar recorded his personal best effort of 60.36m on the very first day of the tournament.
10. Muguruza Wins 2017 Wimbledon Women’s Championship
- Garbine Muguruza defeated Venus Williams 7-5, 6-0 to clinch the 2017 Wimbledon women’s singles championship, the second major title of her career.
- The Spaniard finished as runner-up to Serena, in this same fixture two years ago but claimed some redemption after sailing to this year’s crown.