Daily GK Updates 28th March 2017, Today GK Quiz: Candidates are preparing for various governments competitive examinations and if they want to prepare their General Knowledge subject. They can get latest updates by checking our post. We have updated today Daily GK Updates 28th March 2017, Current Affairs March 2017, and Today GK Questions Answers with covering all latest topics and trends i.e. national & international affairs, trades/economics, award, books, sports fields. Check our Daily G.K, Updates Data and review yourself by appearing in online mock tests available at www.wifistudy.com.
Daily GK Updates 28th March 2017, Current Affairs March 2017:
1. International Diamond Conference held in Mumbai
- The Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council of India (GJEPC) organised International Diamond Conference at Hotel Hyatt Mumbai.
- The theme of this session was “Mines to Market 2017”.
- The conference was held with an objective of bringing together the leading Miners, Diamantaires, Retailers, Bankers and Analysts from across the globe on a platform to discuss the supply and demand issues faced by the Global Diamond Industry.
2. Vijaya Bank inks MoU with Piaggio Vehicles
- Vijaya Bank entered into an MoU with Piaggio Vehicles for providing financial support for the purchase of vehicles under Small Road Transport Operators (SRTO) scheme in Bengaluru.
- Vijaya Bank Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Dr Kishore Sansi flagged off the first batch of vehicles under the MoU in the presence of Executive Directors B S Rama Rao, Y Nageswara Rao, and Piaggio Vehicles Vice-President Praveen Nagpal.
3. KVB bags ‘best small bank’ award
- Karur Vysya Bank has been adjudged the ‘Best Small Bank for 2016’ (balance sheet size of less than Rs.1-lakh crore).
- K Venkataraman, Managing Director, KVB, received the award from Sudhir Munguntivar, Minister of Finance and Planning, Government of Maharashtra, at a function in Mumbai.
- This is the eighth award won by KVB in the current fiscal.
4. Syndicate Bank opens 40 ‘Ananya’ branches
- Syndicate Bank has digitally inaugurated 40 ‘Ananya’ transformed branches.
- The bank also launched its first micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) hub in Bengaluru.
The hub is expected to cater to more than 150 branches across the Bengaluru region, and aims to reduce the turnaround time of the loan-sanctioning process.
- The bank embarked upon project Ananya in February 2016, and is operating under four pillars of transformation — business process re-engineering, digital channels, sales and customer relationship management, and HR transformation.
5. Anupam Kher receives Kala Ratan Award
- Veteran actor Anupam Kher was honoured with the Kala Ratan Award by Vice President Hamid Ansari.
- Anupam Kher was also honoured with the Padma Shri in 2004 and the Padma Bhushan in 2016 for his contribution in the field of cinema and arts.
6. Shaun Tait announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- Shaun Tait, the Australian fast bowler, announced his retirement from all forms of cricket on March 27.
- The 34-year-old pacer played three Tests, 35 One-Day Internationals and 21 Twenty20 Internationals for his country.
- Tait, who was nicknamed as “The Wild Thing”, once bowled at 161.1km/h in an ODI against England at Lord’s in July 2010.
7. 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup: Kolkata’s Salt Lake Stadium named as venue for final
- The iconic Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata has been named as the venue for the final of the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, which will be held in India from October 6-28.
- The semi-finals of the tournament will be held in Guwahati and Navi Mumbai, while the opening games will be held in New Delhi and Navi Mumbai.
- The quarter-finals, meanwhile, will be hosted by Goa, Guwahati, Kochi and Kolkata.
8. India ends with 73 medals from 2017 Special Olympics World Winter Games
- India finished its campaign at the Special Olympics World Winter Games in Austria with a total of 73 medals.
- Special Olympics Team India Competing against 2700 athletes from 107 countries won 37 gold, 10 silver and 26 bronze medals and secured 5th position in the overall medal tally.
- The quadrennial event was held from March 14-25, with Indian athletes finishing with an impressive medal haul.
9. Renowned playwright Arun Sarma dies
- Renowned playwright and Sahitya Akademi Award winner Arun Sarma died at a private hospital in the National Capital after a brief illness.He was 85.
- Born in 1931 in Dibrugarh district of Assam, Sharma has written more than 50 plays and books in his career.
He also won a number of awards, including Padma Shri, Sahitya Academy and Assam Valley Literary.
10. Army Releases Book on Rashtriya Rifles
- General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), on 27 March 2017 at South Block, New Delhi, released the book ‘Home of the Brave’ on the history of Indian Army’s Counter Insurgency Force, the Rashtriya Rifles (RR).
- The book is authored by Nitin A Gokhale, Defence & Security Analyst and Brig S K Chatterji (Retired).
Home of the Brave traces the early history of the RR, its organization, including its raising and subsequent deployment in Punjab, the North East and in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The RR, a formidable Counter Insurgency Force, has won many laurels in the operations.